Java Language SpecificationJava SE 9 Edition
The Java Language Specification, Java SE 9 Edition, was the official, authoritative specification of the Java programming language. It was published in August 2017 and followed the Java SE 8 Edition of the JLS.
It specifies the Java programming language as implemented in Java SE 9.
This Java SE 9 Edition goes beyond the Java SE 8 Edition of the JLS by specifying features like:
- @SafeVarargs on private instance methods
- effectively-final variables as resources in try-with-resource statements
- Diamond with anonymous classes
- Prohibit _ as legal identifier
- Private methods in interfaces
All these language changes were introduced in Java SE 9 in 2017.
We have not (yet) cross-referenced this language specification with our misconceptions. To find misconception by language specification section, pick one of the cross-referenced specifications.